Create by the organizing committee of the Mini Interdisciplinary Student Symposium 2021, the poster competition is reserved exclusively for students.
Although the COVID-19 pandemic is giving the organizing committee of the scientific poster competition a hard time, we are happy to bring you a version of virtual competition that is just as exciting. The poster competition will take place entirely via zoom.
The scientific poster competition is open to students of all levels. Students can participate individually or as a team.
To register for the competition, the student must:
- Fill up the form;
- If the student is alone, only his name will appear on the form. If the student is in a team, the names and informations of all participants must be included;
- The deadline for registration is March 7th, 2021 (Canadian time zone).
The poster must show the results of research work, by students. It should be noted that, in order to be accepted, the results must demonstrate scientific rigor, regardless of the progress of the work. The poster must include at least:
- Presentation of a contextualization (including issues and research or research-creation objectives, regardless of whether the poster is the result of individual initiative or collective work);
- A Methodology;
- Good general knowledge of the subject;
- Conclusion and perspectives (scientific or creative value, scope of the research or of the research-creation/approach project, potential contributions, etc.).
- Use Microsoft Powerpoint to create your poster.
- Submit a record of your poster presentation in 3 minutes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The deadline to submit your record is March 14th, 2021 (Canadian time zone).
- A committee will evaluate your recorded presentation which will be on private Youtube only for M.I.S.S-2021 participants. This score will count for 50% of your total.
- The remaining 50% will come from the participants who voted for you (A google forms including a video of all the posters will be sent to participants to vote between March 15th and 21th, 2021);
- The deadline to evaluate and vote is March 21th, 2021 midnight (Canadian time zone);
- The overall score will allow us to rank you;
- The announcement of the top 5 posters will be at 11:50 am on March 26th, 2021;
- The 5 best posters will present on March 26th, 2021 to award the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes in the poster competition. The ranking will be made entirely by the votes of the participants on the day of the presentation on March 26th, 2021; from 12: 05-12: 30 am.
A favorite prize will be awarded by the organizing committee to the poster that has caught its attention.